Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spot or arc welder for small jump rings

Default Spot or arc welder for small jump rings

Quote Originally Posted by nicks creative stuff View Post
    Hi David, have you not discovered the pleasures of silver solder paste yet? One of my favourite past times is making chains with lots of tiny links. For me silver solder paste shines out as a superb product when closing hundreds of links into a chain. It takes a bit of practice to perfect, but once you get to know it chain production is quick and easy to achieve.
    I tried making a video about it awhile back. Here’s a link if you’re interested. https://youtu.be/O84conQ3amI … N
    Yes I bought tubes from hard to EE and within 2 months they have dried up! Thanks for the link. I will study it.
    David.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice to see your work caroline a very unique look … N

Sorry you’ve not had much luck with solder paste. I’ve never had this problem with it, a couple of my tubes I’ve had over three years and they’re still going strong … N

Default Spot or arc welder for small jump rings

Sorry you’ve not had much luck with solder paste. I’ve never had this problem with it, a couple of my tubes I’ve had over three years and they’re still going strong … N
    Who do you buy from?
    David

Last edited by Ruedeleglise; 11-05-2024 at 11:00 AM.

Nice to see your work caroline a very unique look … N
    Thanks Nick nice of you to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruedeleglise View Post
    Who do you bye from?
    David

I bought mine from Cookson a few years back and didn’t make anything last year at all. It was fine when doing jump rings for OS this year. The only things I use it for is jump rings and granulation

I bought from same. Kept in a drawer in the house. I just don’t understand it! I did get some out from the tube using a pic and mixed it with a spot of soldar flux. I think it worked….must try that again now…..
    David

Yes it did work but I had to saw the end off the syringe and will now cover it with cling film. Rather messy and defeats the point of having a syringe!
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Ruedeleglise View Post
    I bought from same. Kept in a drawer in the house. I just don’t understand it! I did get some out from the tube using a pic and mixed it with a spot of soldar flux. I think it worked….must try that again now…..
    David

Mine was lying about on the bench with syringe in place and its cap on. I’ve either been very lucky or you’ve been very unlucky. I don’t take great care of very much tbh but my workshop is quite cool generally that maybe makes a difference

I’ve always bought my paste from cooksongold and have never had an issue with it. Maybe there’s an occasional dodgy batch or different supplier with a varied recipe.
    I’m amazed how much it’s gone up in price lately, my tubes have lasted 2 to 3 years and I suppose over time everything has had a price hike applied … glad I’m not using gold paste … N
    Last edited by nicks creative stuff; 11-05-2024 at 01:42 PM.